I need to confess that I find the Analytics feature in Cloud CMS absolutely amazing. More amazing is the fact you can sign up for a Cloud CMS trial and see the Analytics feature work with the Sample Web Site project with no configuration or programming necessary. Enough of my excitement – I will outline how you can see this feature:
- Sign up for a Cloud CMS trial. Login as instructed in the email you will be sent
- Select the Sample Web Project. This will take a couple of minutes for the system to create the project and the Sample Web Site
- At this point you can look at the CMS components and your hosted Website.
- Navigate through Documents to view Cupcakes (Samples->Catalog->Products)
- Now - when you look at the hosted website or a preview of the website analytics will be collected real-time. Look at various cupcake pages
- Preview: Select Product Catalog to view the cupcake site
- To find the URL to hosted site.
- In the left Nav select Applications
- Open Sample Web Application
- Select Deployments to find the URLs for your hosted site
- To view Analytics
- in the left Nav select Warehouses (nearly at the bottom of the left nav)
- Open Sample Web Project ‘analytics’ warehouse
- Open Warehouse
- Observe the counts of various cupcake pages viewed
What is not included in this demo:
- Events: triggering actions based of the analytics collected. For example:
- Sending an email when certain number of content views
- Validation that content has been read
- Automatically, changing where content appears based on the content metrics
This is a fairly simple example of a very powerful feature which hopefully you have been able to see in minutes. I have not seen this type of feature within a Content Management System other than with costly add-on products or search tools.
If you have any questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org