The Cloud CMS Application Server is a Node.js-powered server that provides application and runtime support to mobile and web applications. It runs standalone either as a single server or within a cluster and communicates with the Cloud CMS API to retrieve and stream back content to browsers, tablets and mobile devices.
The Cloud CMS Application Server provides a number of important capabilities:
- Templated and Layout-driven content delivery using Dust.js
- URL-based resource retrieval
- Performance caching of binary streams and JSON metadata for faster serving
- Configurable path and mime-type based header control
- CDN Integration for high performance edge caching
- User Login and Registration with integration to Cloud CMS domains
- Signup and OAuth integration to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and many others
The Cloud CMS Application Server can be utilized in two different ways.
The first is to download and install the Application Server as a standalone application. You can launch it on your development box or in the cloud. Once online, your Application Server instance connects with Cloud CMS and offers out-of-the-box functionality for web and mobile content management.
The second is to integrate the
cloudcms-serverNode.js module into your own Node/Express applications. In this way, you can merge the capabilities listed above into your new or existing Node.js applications.
Both options are equally suitable and are supported by Cloud CMS with a support contract.
Installing the Application Server
For more information on installation, check out the following:
To get started with the Cloud CMS Application Server, please check out the following: