In addition to fine-grained, object-level security, Cloud CMS also offers simplified team-based security. Team-based security works provides an easier, sweeping way to manage security. By adding someone to a team, you describe broad stroke authorities that apply to all objects within a container. For example, you might create a "consumers" team for a Project. The "consumers" team grants the Consumer role. Once someone is added to that team, they will receive the Consumer role for everything in a project, including content, users and more.
Team-based security is lightweight and easy to use and model's the broad, sweeping-stroke security found in GitHub, BitBucket and many other SaaS products. If you want fine-grained, object-level security, Cloud CMS also provides this. Simply limit your use of Team-based security and assign permissions at an object or object container-level.
In Cloud CMS, teams are hierarchical and they inherit from one another. If you add someone to the "consumers" team at the Platform level, they will by inheritance receive Consumer rights to all project stacks and project stack datastores. The hierarchy order is:
Platform > Stack > Data Store
To work with teams, you can do the following:
- Go to the admin console (https://
- Navigate to the resource you want to work on (Platform, Stack or Data Store)
- On the left-hand side, click on Teams
To create a team:
- Click on the "New Team" button
- Give your team a name and a unique key
- Pick the roles (authorities) that you team will grant
- Click "Create" to create the team:
To add users to the team:
- Pick your team from the teams list. At the bottom, you'll see a list of current team members.
- Click on the large Query button
- Uncheck the "Only Display Group Members" checkbox.
- Pick the domain where the user exists that you want to add
- Click the "Query" button at the bottom
- A list of available users will appear.
- Find the user that you want to add and click "Add" to add them to the team.
To remove users from the team:
- Pick your team from the teams list.
- At the bottom, you'll see a list of current team members.
- Find the user that you want to remove and click "Remove" to remove them from the team.